I got sqaut for interesting blog fodder today so you get random bullets of cooking 🙂
I cooked quite a bit over the weekend.
- The Lemon-Garlic Chicken in the crock pot lost all the lemony flavor by the time it was done. I’ll try it again someday on the grill.
- The Cheesecake Brownies had some crust “issues” – basically the brownie layer under the cheesecake layer cooked too long. I’ll try them again cooking for a shorter time.
- I made really yummy pancakes.
- Take your standard box of buttermilk pancake mix and mix it up according to the box directions for the “10-12 pancakes” amount. Add 1 mashed banana (bordering on over-ripe), 1/2 c. mashed strawberries (also bordering on over-ripe), 1 tsp. vanilla, and 1 Tbs sugar. Cook according to box directions. Yummy with or without syrup.
- I also made really good and easy dinner which turned into yummy pasta salad.
- Marinade boneless, skinless chicken thighs in Italian dressing and grill
- Sauté sliced fresh zucchini, fresh asparagus cut into around 2″ lengths, chopped garlic, chopped onion, and sliced mushrooms in olive oil with some salt and black pepper.
- Cook a bag of Parmesan filled dry tortellini (I used the Trader Joe’s), drain and add 1/2 a can of Hunts Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes and about 1/3 of a bottle of Trader Joe’s Italian dressing.
- Eat warm and seperately for dinner then dice up any remaining chicken and toss it along with all the other leftovers into a big bowl and stick in the refrigerator for pasta salad.
I did finish the first River Rapids sock but do I have pictures? Nope. I should just wait and show you both of them when I finish the second one. That means I probably ought to start the second one doesn’t it?